Saturday, July 18, 2015

death by '90s TV

So here's a funny story.

My roommate got a new TV. Hysterical, right?

Yeah, there's more.

So my roommate got a new TV. And it's awesome. But the acquisition of a brand new awesome TV means that we had to remove the dinosaur that previously inhabited our TV stand (aka table) before the brand new awesome TV could move in.

Using our combined woman power, Camille and I moved the dinosaur TV from the stand and nestled it comfortably onto the couch. Then, dinosaur forgotten, we continued to get the brand new awesome TV set up. Well she and our friend did. I just kind of stood there.

A few minutes later, a deafening crash echoed through the room. We all jumped, I screamed, and we turned to find that ancient gigantic TV face down on our coffee table. We hefted the big lug up and were only a little shocked to find that there wasn't a scratch on that '90s monstrosity.

My phone, however, was not so lucky.

It had picked a rather unfortunate resting place on the coffee table and was promptly smashed when that hefty piece of pre-21st century technology took a swan dive. Pair that with the bottle of water the TV hit mid belly flop, and my phone was toast.

I'm sure that as soon as I have a new phone in my hand, this story really will be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment