Monday, February 27, 2012

yet another obsession.

I don't think that anybody who was not in attendance to the Greenhalgh Family Christmas of 2011 can fully understand my excitement when I opened one of these bad boys:


It changed my life. You may think I'm being dramatic...but if that's the case, then you clearly don't understand my love for popcorn. I have met very few people whose obsession parallels mine. When I was in elementary school, I did a science project on the effect that freezing and refrigerating popcorn kernels had on the amount of poppage. (For those of you wondering, "poppage" is most definitely a scientific term in the World of Maddie) Prior to my departure for college, my little brothers predicted that I'd live off of popcorn and Shredded Wheat. They're not too far off, though I could choose to be a tiny bit offended that they forgot that I can, in fact, cook and bake. But, I won't, since they were clearly on the right track. 

I eat a lot of popcorn. The amount of the tasty treat that I've consumed since Friday is probably not healthy. But, I figure that there are worse things to gorge on, so I'm not even going to feel bad. Instead, I'm going to go pop some more. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh the best invention ever! i have found someone who shares my obsession and love for this oh so wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever run out of kernels please come visit me. My dad gave me a HUGE bag before I moved out and I've hardly used any of it. I'd love to share:)

    ReplyDelete