Sunday, March 29, 2015

from the mouths of eight-year-olds

Still my favorite lil' chilluns, one year older and wiser, too. For a glimpse into their previous hilarity, check here and here.

On Japanese entertainment options:
Eight-Year-Old: My bishop is in Japan.
Me: What is he doing there?
EYO: I don't know...probably having fun eating sushi.

On the weather's effects on wardrobe:
Me: Aren't you hot in the sun? You're wearing a black jacket!
EYO: No. It's kind of breezy.

On the public school system:
Me: What did you learn in school this week?
EYO: Fractions. No, wait. Not fractions...that thing with a line and a dot on top and another dot on bottom.

On writing utensil hypotheticals:
(Holding up a pen) What if this were magic and it drew a map on your arm and you followed it and it led you to treasure!?!

On wardrobe longevity:
EYO: Are you going to change your clothes?
Me: No, I didn't bring any extra clothes.
EYO: Why?
Me: Because I'm only here for today.
EYO: But what if you stayed for 1000 days?!?!?

On cooking techniques:
Will you butter the bread for me? I'm not a good butterer.

On life decisions:
EYO: Why aren't you going on a mission?
Me; Because I prayed about it, and Heavenly Father said that's not what He wants me to do right now.
EYO: (skeptical) Are you sure?

On unfamiliar terminology:
Me: (reading a Taboo card) What's a keno?
EYO: Maybe it's a kind of yoga.

On the ramifications of bodily mutations:
EYO's brother: What if you were born with six fingers on one hand.
EYO: You'd probably never get to wear any gloves.

On love:
EYO #1: You should get us another girl bunny, because if you got a boy, they might fall in love.
EYO #2: (disgusted) And then they'd kiss!!

On relative answers:
EYO: When are they gonna get here?
Me: Soon.
EYO: That's not an answer.

On prospective dates:
Me: Will you be my boyfriend? How do you feel about that?
EYO: Ummm....I'm not sure. I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment