Tuesday, April 22, 2014

what i would have blogged about if i blogged back then

My nostalgia continues, folks. There's just something about this time of year that makes me think about days gone by.

I began this blog in September 2010, which feels like a lifetime ago.  In September 2010, I had just begun my senior year in high school and was on my way to entering adulthood. In September 2010, I had already solidified a deeply rooted hatred for Calculus (which is going strong today, in case you were wondering), I was struggling hard core with self-image, and I spent a lot of time reminiscing (some things never change). 

But I obviously had a life before September 2010, even if this blog doesn't share it. So, to appease my constant need to reminisce, I consulted Facebook and old journals to decide what I would have blogged about if I'd started my blog just one month earlier. 

If I'd blogged in August 2010, I would have written about Disney movie nights with Abby, Maddie, and Emma. I would have shared my future family as told by Maddie


and Maddie's future family as told by me


I would have explained Emma's lovely interpretation of a horse sitting down and Abby's confusion about how a person would eat if he couldn't bend his elbows. 

If I had blogged in August 2010, I would have talked about how ten days in Germany just wasn't enough and how much I wanted to go back. 

If I had blogged in August 2010, I would have shared my senior schedule and my goals for my senior year and how I couldn't believe that high school was almost over. 

Most importantly, if I had blogged in August 2010, I would have written about my oldest brother's wedding. I would have written about the beautiful summer home a family friend let us stay in and the joy of seeing family and old friends and how much I wished Preston could have been there to share such a happy moment with the rest of the family and my joy at finally finally finally getting a sister of my own. Oh, and that small detail that my brother married the love of his life. I guess that was pretty important too. 


ps. can we take a minute to appreciate how tiny and baby-faced the boys were and how long my hair was? kthanksbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment