Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Obligatory Holiday Post.

It's here folks. I guess it's actually almost over. You know what I'm talking about: the laciest, pinkest, most frou-frou holiday that has ever existed in the history of mankind. The one when hand-holding couples pop up everywhere you look (though that's not really out of the norm for me...this is BYU after all) and the smell of roses becomes so overwhelming that it is sickening. That's right...Valentine's Day.

I've always had conflicting emotions about February 14th. In case you're blind and haven't noticed, I'll just point out that I'm a hopeless romantic. So, you'd think that a holiday dedicated to love would fill me with giddy excitement. But on the other hand, I've never had anyone to share such a holiday with. [Please don't stop reading here because you think I'm going to go all cynical-woe-is-me-single-girl-on-Valentine's-Day on you. I PROMISE that I am not heading that direction]. Plus, it seems to me that people should show their love every day, not just on the day that Hallmark or a Catholic Saint or society or whoever runs this holiday says we should. But, I guess a day dedicated JUST to that isn't a bad idea....

See? Conflicting emotions. 


I guess that when I consolidate all of my thoughts and feelings towards the holiday of love, it comes down to this:

Even though it would be nice to have somebody to share this holiday with and even though it looks like Cupid threw up on my kitchen table, I'm going to enjoy my evening in with Miss Allie Boyce and be thankful for all the people I have in my life who I love, even if it's not in that way. So I'm going to bake and listen to my love song playlist (both shockers, I know) and enjoy my Harry Potter valentines from Willow and the yummy candy from my mama and grandma and be patient. Because even though Snow White creeps me out and is my least favorite Disney Princess, she has one thing right: Someday my prince will come.

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment