Sunday, October 2, 2011

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet.

Thanks to my lovely roommate, Mel, I was able to go to the Saturday Afternoon session of General Conference today! It was my first time being there in person and I loved it! The moment when President Monson walked in was breathtaking. Everybody was chattering, but the moment he entered the room, everybody stood and was absolutely silent. I felt his presence before I actually saw him! The rest of Conference didn't disappoint. I especially loved the talk by Elder Cook and the Primary Choir.

I can't resist sharing a moment of pure adorableness. We got to SLC a little early, so a few of my roommates and I wandered around Temple Square. We decided to go to the Visitor's Center and see the Christus. It was lovely, but the crowning moment was when we were leaving to meet up with the rest of our group. We were descending the ramp that leads to the statue and passed this little girl with her mother. She was probably two or three and, after observing the planetary mural on the wall, looked up at her mother and said, "Mommy, are we in heaven today?" It was one of those involuntary "awwww!" moments that girls are genetically programmed to have. Even thinking about it now I am smiling!





Model Material? I think so!


Have a lovely second day of Conference, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment