Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day Five

Growing up with five brothers, I learned early on that there were some aspects of boydom that I would just never understand. I can handle the need to terrorize the neighborhood and fish from dusk until dawn. Video games and action movies don't make me think twice. It's the knee jerk reaction boys have to certain situations that I just don't get! When somebody offends them, instead of talking it out rationally, they feel the need to tackle each other. When a bag of chips is opened, it becomes their duty as members of the male gender to devour it as quickly as humanly possible. We witnessed one of those situations perfectly today:

The Situation: Before starting our hike, we noticed a large boulder on the edge of the parking lot.

The Reactions:

Me: "Oh, a cool rock! I'll take a picture!"



The Boys: "Ooh! A big rock! Let's go climb it!"






Aside from our hike, we went on a 20 mile bike ride on the carriage paths around Bar Harbor. The carriage paths were constructed back in the day when all the rich folk and their carriages came to Maine to spend the summer. Now that we've moved onto more sophisticated forms of transportation, they're used for recreational biking, hiking, walking, running, and horseback riding. It was pretty fun, but I don't see myself becoming a biking enthusiast any time soon. I don't have many pictures of the bike ride, mostly because snapping pictures and staying balanced on a bicycle flying down a hill is not in my bag of tricks. I consider it a miracle that I even stayed upright for the entire ride. Anyway, here's a few shots of Jordan Pond:





No comments:

Post a Comment