Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 in Review

I honestly wasn't going to pay any sort of homage to 2014, because I initially thought it wasn't a year worth reporting. This isn't to say that it was a bad year, rather I just didn't think there was much to document or reminisce on. But a quick glance through my photos from this year changed my mind and convinced me to pay 2014 the respect it deserves.

This past year has been really, really hard. Life has thrown many challenges my way, and I didn't always feel up to conquering them. I'm still battling some of the trials that manifested themselves in 2014, but all in all, I'd say it was a great year. It was hard, yes, but I learned and grew a lot. And I sit here on January 1, 2015, ready to grow even more. This year is going to bring about a lot of change in my life, but I'm excited to tackle new opportunities, make new memories, and learn new things.

So without further ado, here are a few snippets from 2014 in my shoes.


January: The month in which very little happened

roommate sleepover // shopping for shoes // scared silly by a Stacey cutout in the work elevator

February: The month of love

Valentine's letter from my BFF Hai Wai // heart attacking for FHE // traditional Valentine's Day heart shaped pizza // late night taco runs for #roommate bonding #roommatesboyfriendbonding #roommatesboyfriendsroommatebonding (roommate's boyfriend and roommate's boyfriend's roommate not pictured) // hanging out with the rascals

March: The month of potpourri

fancied up for the ward dinner dance // finger paint pictionary //sportin' some gifts from Hai Wai // celebrating my bro's birthday with giant snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches // Maddie Squared goes to the men's chorus concert // opening my yearly letter to myself

April: The month in which things started happening

Maddie Squared scam Culv's // Maddie Squared goes to The Chocolate // said goodbye to this lovely sister missionary // finals puppy // roommate date to Zupa's // roommate date to the Provo Spring Festival, featuring me trying to overcome my fear of mascots // roommate date to snow cones // roommate date in a tree & me working on my tree climbing skills


May: The month of milestones (but not for me)

my favorite little munchkins got baptized // my first lesson in NOT giving Ryan access to my phone under any circumstances // to Minnesota for Maddie's farewell // with Abby on her prom day // with Mama on Mother's Day // Culv's with my ladies 

June: Another month of milestones

said goodbye to Maddie for 18 months // was introduced to this spectacular site // went to Allie's wedding reception

July: The month of celebrating those we love

to Arizona for a family reunion // pizza date with Melanie Mei // raising a mug of butter beer to my main man Harry (& to J.K. Rowling)

August:The month of reunions

ward camp out // to Idaho for the return of Miss Lissa // to Idaho (again) for the return of Hai Wai // a goat ate my hair

September: The month full of happiness

set up for Britt's proposal // a little culture at India Fest // out to ice cream with some of the most fabulous ladies I know // roommates (minus Miranda) // roasting mini marshmallows over the stove using toothpicks


October: The month full of roommate bonding

with Miss Miranda // with Britt at her bridal shower // midterms baking break // dracula nails for Halloween courtesy of Miss Miranda

November: The month that was over before I had time to blink (or do much picture worthy)

Pita Pit Tuesday with the best coworkers on the planet // hung out with some cuties at Thanksgiving

December: The month of celebrating all day, every day

got seriously spoiled on my birthday // after my belated birthday dinner // late night hilarity involving Nutella and Ritz crackers // practicing hair styles on Miranda // Britt's wonderful wedding // modeling some of mama's recently unearthed wedding treasures // Christmas the BYUtv way // baking baking baking// a New Year's Eve date with Miss Emma Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment