Tuesday, April 24, 2012

two things that I DON'T miss about 222 Tingey

1. Waking up to find my sheets and mattress pad pulled off of my mattress in the top left corner. Every morning. 

This had nothing to do with my bed making abilities, I assure you. After I'd complained about this issue enough times, Julayne put my sheets on my bed for me, employing her superior bed making skills. They still came off. My sheets and my mattress must have both had the same charge and repelled or something. Maybe a really bad break up. Whatever the reason, it drove me crazy. Something about waking up touching my mattress really freaks/grosses me out.

2.Bending my head at an unnatural angle to rinse the shampoo out of my hair.

I'm pretty sure that people in 1973 (or whenever it was that Tingey was built) were midgets, or else they would have installed the shower heads at a more appropriate height. And I'm not even THAT tall...I feel bad for everybody who is REALLY tall and had to endure that frustration at an even greater degree.

3 comments:

  1. i'm totally with you on the shower heads. something about my head touching that head was really, really nasty. i hated it.

    glad you're back home in kentucky. don't be lickin' no cups or nuthin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the whole sheet thing....that happened to me everyday too and I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I can relate to either of these. And although I am freakishly tall, I can't say that the shower head and I ever had any close encounters. Though it's nice to know that these are the only two little things you can think of that you don't miss. Because I know on my long list of things I miss you are at the top!!

    ReplyDelete