Friday, November 11, 2011

This I Know.

This world is full of so much uncertainty and confusion. I go through my daily life without being able to predict with exactness what will happen to me that day. Who will I see? What will I do? Will I be able to be a light in somebody else's day? I never know for sure if it will rain or snow or be a perfect, cloudless day. I couldn't tell you how other people will treat me or how I will react to their actions.

But there are some things that I know without a doubt. These are the things that never change. They are my rock, my foundation for my life. They bring me joy and peace and comfort.

These things I know:

I know that Jesus Christ is my Lord, Savior, Redeemer, and friend. He will take every step along every path, never leaving my side. If I am sad, He comforts me. If I am happy, He rejoices with me. When I feel alone, He is there. There is no trial, no burden, no sadness that He can't understand. He has felt ever pain, sorrow, and affliction that I have. He will ALWAYS know how I feel.

I know that I am a daughter of a loving, eternal God. He loves me and wants me to be happy. The trials that I face in life aren't a sign that He doesn't care, but that He does. He wants me to learn and grow from them and become the person that He knows I can be.

I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God to be His prophet on the earth today. He counsels with and receives revelation from Heavenly Father that he uses to lead and guide the church today. His words are words of God which will never lead me astray.

I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. He restored God's church to the earth and, through divine inspiration, translated the Book of Mormon.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It contains truths and doctrine that will only help in my life, if I but abide by them. Reading the Book of Mormon brings me closer to my Heavenly Father. It provides answers to my prayers and calms my fears and worries.

I know that when I pray, Heavenly Father is listening. He answers every prayer, even if it's not in the way that I hoped or expected. Sometimes the answer is Not Yet, or Wait a Little Longer. And though those answers may be hard to understand, they are the answer that is best. He knows what is best.

I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ my sins can be forgiven and Heavenly Father will remember them no more.

I know that I can be with my family forever. Death doesn't end the bond between family members. We have the opportunity to be with those we love most forever, if we make and keep our covenants.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints contains the fullness of the gospel in these latter days. Abiding by its precepts makes me happier than anything else could. Through the gospel I have made my closest friends and learned truths that have blessed me in innumerable ways.

No matter how much uncertainty I face from day to day, I can always count on these things. I know this to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment