Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Week in the Life

The last week of my life (as amazing and wonderful as it has been) is about to be reduced to bullet points. I really can't think of any other way to accurately record the events that have taken place. Truly, I could go on for posts and post about each bullet, but let's just face it -- it's not going to happen. I'm far too lazy for that.

  • Youth Conference was beyond amazing. I LOVED Palmyra. So much, in fact, that if Bar Harbor and Berlin don't work out, I'd consider it as a Plan C. It is beautiful and has such a special atmosphere. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to strengthen my testimony of the restored Gospel and to strengthen relationships with my friends. Once we were there, it hit me that it was the last time that I was going to be able to spend hours on end with all my Stake buddies....but on to happier things. The Hill Cumorah Pageant was definitely on my Top Ten Life Experiences List. Assuming, however, that I actually have a concrete list. But, like so many other lists that I have, it is stored in my noggin for safe(ish) keeping! The Sacred Grove was amazing as well. It was really great to have time to just ponder and completely block out the outside world. There are so many thoughts and influences that you don't even think about running through your head until they're all gone. Honestly, the break from so much noise and commotion was extremely welcome. 
  • Preston is home! His flight got changed while we were driving home from Palmyra and for a few panicky moments, we thought we might not get to the airport in time. Luckily, we did and it sure is wonderful to have him home. 
  • Spencer and Kathryn flew in for a whirlwind visit on Friday. We got family pictures taken Saturday, which is always an adventure. You'd think that with older children, our family would be a piece of cake to photograph, but I assure you that this is NOT the case. At all. However, it was still a fun time and we enjoyed having the time to spend with the whole family. 
  • Harry Potter. I've been chastised for saying that it marks the end of my childhood. Apparently that's too dramatic. And I suppose it is, but at the same time, it came at a very defining point in my life. I mean, I hardly remember a time when Harry wasn't in existence. I grew up alongside him. And now, I'm 18 and college bound and the Era of Harry has come to an end. For the longest time, I thought that when people said that Latin is a dead language, they meant that nobody spoke it anymore. That's not what it means though; a dead language is one that is no longer changing and evolving. That's how I like to think of Harry Potter. It's a dead series. There won't be any new additions to his story, but it'll still be talked about. And the Boy Who Lived will ALWAYS continue to live in my mind and heart. And yes, I cried. But that really shouldn't come as a shock.
  • The wisdom teeth are gone. I've already yukked along with all the "How are you going to start college with no wisdom?" and "No more smarts for you, huh?" comments, so go right ahead and shoot one at me if you so choose. Honestly, it wasn't AS bad as I was expecting. That's not to say that I'd like to experience it again and again, but it was tolerable. And I didn't do or say anything stupid due to any medications. My brothers were sorely disappointed. Sorry Guys!
Eh. So I do have pictures of Palmyra and HP and such, but they're still on my camera. I keep telling myself that I don't want to load them onto the desktop, only to have to transfer them to the laptop that I should have already picked out. What kind of teenager am I? I'm being handed a laptop, essentially. All I have to do is pick one out and I keep procrastinating. I'll get to it. Eventually. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment