Monday, June 20, 2011

What is this Feeling, So Sudden and New?

For pretty much as long as I can remember, I have hated running. A lot. To the point that I would just refuse to do it. But thanks to a FHE lesson on goal setting (taught by yours truly, ironically enough) my whole family is now running a 5K in August. So, very begrudgingly, I took it to the streets. Now this is the point in the story where I'd love to report that I have a new found passion for running and I excel at it. However, as that would be a lie and "we believe in being honest," I won't report such falsehoods. While I don't actually love running, I love feeling my body getting stronger. I love that each time I go for a run, it gets a little bit easier and I enjoy it a fraction more. I love the feeling I get when I get back home after wanting to quit so many times and realize that I accomplished my goal for the day. I love feeling more alert and fit and full of energy. I don't ever think I'll be an enthusiast, by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel as though running is something I could learn to tolerate, maybe even like. And even though I'm slower than a turtle and can only go a few miles, it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment