Tuesday, December 16, 2014

sing we now of christmas

I don't know about you (but I'm feeling 22. Sorry...it's a habit now), but I often get pretty darn sick of hearing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Jingle Bells" on the radio. Now before you start screaming "Scrooge!" and gathering up all the ghosts you know so you can sic them on me in the middle of the night, let me explain. I LOVE Christmas songs. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. What I don't love is hearing the same overly dramatic, ridiculously "soulful" versions of songs that just weren't meant to be soulful or dramatic. It irks me.

So in order to pay homage to those Christmas songs that I feel are too frequently overlooked, here are some of my favorite versions of some of my personal favorite Christmas songs. Hopefully some radio station out there somewhere will agree with my two cents on the matter and revamp their playlists. Crossing my fingers.

The Holly and the Ivy


God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

(Technically "Carol of the Bells" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." Still awesome)

Mary, Did You Know?


What Child is This?


O Come, O Come, Emmanuel


Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella


Do You Hear What I Hear?



Silver Bells



No comments:

Post a Comment