Friday, August 15, 2014

keepin' those options open

For the first time since I was in high school, I got a lovely little email in my inbox today from a university that isn't the one I'm currently attending. Take a look:




Let's take a moment to list all the things that are laughable about this email. 

1. I never at any point in time expressed any interest in UK. No college visit, no application, no free promotional materials, nada. 

2. If you know me even a little teeny tiny bit, you'd know that the idea of me being an engineer is absurd. I don't mesh well with the whole science and math thing. Give me copy editing, or give me death!

3. They're trying to recruit me for the Fall 2015 semester. So, either they think that I'm currently entering my senior year in high school rather than my senior year in college, or they're just being kind enough to let me know that if I want to spend another four years in school pursuing a degree I would detest and probably flunk out of while surrounded by a bunch of freshman also pursing said degree, that's an option. Really, I should be thanking them for their kindness. 

4. The font change between campus! and we in the last paragraph. Tsk tsk tsk. Clearly nobody was paying attention to formatting. Maybe they should hire me to edit their recruitment emails for them rather than try to recruit me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment