Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Sunday.

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I hope that yours is fabulous and that you feel Heavenly Father's love for you today!


I had every intention of leaving you with that message and that message only, but right after posting, I stumbled upon this:



I was so touched by this family's example of missionary work. It reminded me of my two older brothers who have served missions and been a wonderful influence in my life. And, the precious little deacon reminded me of my younger brothers (although they aren't little or deacons...they are precious!) who are going to be amazing missionaries some day as well. Being here at BYU, the spirit of missionary work is all around. That may sound funny since almost every person I come into contact with is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints just like I am. But, being surrounded my young men who are preparing to go on missions and even more young men who have faithfully served brings a special spirit and feeling. Several young men with whom I am acquainted are in the MTC and several more will be joining them in the upcoming weeks. Just this week, three young men in my ward got their mission calls. I had the opportunity to be present when two of them opened that special letter and found out where they will be serving the Lord for the next two years. It is so exciting and empowering to see their enthusiasm for doing the work of the Lord. 

Alright, NOW it's really time to go out and enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Bring tears to my eyes! That was amazing maddie i miss you so much!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete