Friday, July 18, 2014

100 days of happy update

So, maybe I'm not the most consistent about updating my blog about my 100 Days of Happy, but I promise I have been keeping up with them. And rather than post over fifty all at once, I just chose a few of my favorites. And by a few I mean twenty...I'm not good at decision making. 

I've said this before, but I'll reiterate: being happy is a choice. And sometimes making that choice is simple, but sometimes it's really, really hard. I understand that. I've had days when choosing to be happy felt nearly impossible. I've had days when I just didn't have it in me to make that choice. And I think it goes to say that those days have never been my best. 

My view of what happiness is, how to achieve it, and especially how to find it when it feels elusive or even fictional is ever shifting. But that's a topic that I could (and maybe should) dedicate an entire post to. So for now, here are some highlights from day 36 to now (day 88).


37. A little freshman year nostalgia in honor of running into an old friend.
38. Cupcake run with some cool cats.
40. Letters from Hailey are always awesome, especially when delivered by Dobby and embellished by Terri and Terry.
44. A tribute to a friendship that's dates back fourteen years. Bless that girl. 


47. Few sights can top this one in terms of beauty. 
48. National Best Friends Day. I have got me some fabulous friends. 
50. Utah sunset.
53. Two of my favorite ladies and I went to the wedding reception of another one of my favorite ladies: the first of my freshman roommates to get hitched!


55. One darn good waffle. 
59. Throwback to a Kentucky Christmas. (I had Christmas songs stuck in my head all day that day)
62. This book has changed my life. It can change yours too. 
67. My baby brothers turned 17! What studs. 


70. I am becoming quite the proficient smoothie maker if I do say so myself. This one was particularly tasty. 
74. This is what sibling love looks like. 
75. Nothing like watching my older brother get beat up by an adorable three-year-old. 
78. Salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars. You need the recipe, I promise. Unbelievably good. 


79. An amazing talk. Give it a listen/read.
80. A day of driving that included all of my jams. Thank you, radio!
81. Exercise therapy. 
82. A personalized word search from Miss Hailey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment