Sunday, May 19, 2013

the road trip soundtrack about things that nobody cares about

Background: I burst into song a lot. Mostly it's actual songs that I'm reminded of in the middle of a conversation or just whatever is stuck in my head, but sometimes I make up songs about the things going on in my life. Last semester, Hailey and Liz joined in this practice with me sometimes and we decided it was basically on ongoing musical. But, since we only sang about weird, random, and oftentimes boring things, we dubbed it The Musical About Things that Nobody Cares About.

This weekend, Hailey, Dallin, and I drove to Boise for Hannah's wedding. (She was an absolutely beautiful bride, by the way). On the way back, our radio broke and we were sadly without music for all but about 7 minutes of our 6 hour drive. So, we wrote our own soundtrack to reflect the trip.

1. The Radio Done Broke (And Now We're Cray)
2. 14 Miles to Burley
3. Apparate Today
4. It's Raining Again, But it's Not Raining Men
5. Plastic Surgery Billboards 'Round Every Corner
6. One Sylb Per Word
7. Schwear, Schwear, Schwear
8. Hipscotch in the Road
9. Creepy Kids One Car Over
10. I Drank Too Much Water and Now I Have to Pee
11. Six Hours, Four Problems (Dallin's Song)

Yes, all of these songs actually had lyrics (Except for number ten...we thought the title said it all). No, I can't remember most of them now. But rest assured that they were wildly brilliant and kept us entertained for a solid four hours (the musical juices weren't flowing for the first two hours of the trip).

So if you need a great road trip soundtrack, just let us know! We'd be happy to turn the random events of any boring car ride into an exciting musical event sure to entertain all in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment